The A to Z Guide on Indian Restaurant Menu
Dining at an Indian restaurant for the first time? It can be overwhelming, to say the least. But there’s nothing to worry about. As long as you are prepared for a typically vast Indian restaurant menu, with a plethora of flavours you can choose from, you are good to go. And that is exactly the purpose of this post.
For most people, the challenge lies in not knowing what to expect in terms of ingredients andmethod of preparation. For some others, the difficulty lies in choosing healthy options over guilty pleasures. For others still, the struggle centers on how to eat Indian food.
But no matter which of these categories you fall into, your dilemma ends here. Here is a complete guide to a typical Indian restaurant menu that you’ll ever need.
Why should you try Indian Cuisine?
Indian food is as diverse as the land it hails from- and it’s delicious. Indian cuisine offers a plethora of flavours you can explore: sweet and sour, spicy and creamy, bitter and savoury- there’s no end to this unforgettable culinary journey once you begin.
Sadly, Indian food is generally associated with chilli hot. It’s true that spices are an integral part of Indian cooking, but that goes beyond chillies. In fact, Indian food contains flavourful spices like turmeric, ginger, fennel, cinnamon and cumin- all of which have medicinal properties.
Dishes on an Indian restaurant menu that you should definitely try
- Kebabs: Is there such a thing as too many kebabs? You’ll have to try them and find out. Minced meat (or veggies) mixed with spices and grilled over a charcoal fire- it’s perfection on a plate. And the crowning jewel of Indian cuisine.
- Samosa: The slightly unhealthier cousin of kebabs, samosa has a dedicated fan following for its simplicity and versatility more than its taste.
- Veg fritters: Crispy, filled with a variety of vegetables, these bite-sized pakoras can whet your appetite like nothing else.
- Tandoori chicken: Another international favourite, this is a must-try if you love chicken.
- Kadai paneer: A classic dish of fresh cottage cheese and bell peppers. It’s typically a dry curry that is best enjoyed with naan or paratha.
- Chicken tikka masala: Although this is globally popular, there are other chicken curries that you can try as well. Butter chicken (milder and sweeter in taste) and chicken chettinad (made with coriander seeds and curry leaves to induce the flavour of South India) are especially popular.
- Goan prawn curry: Want to experience the warmth of coastal Goa? Just have some Goan prawn curry with plain rice and enjoy the cheapest Goa vacation you can have without even lifting a finger.
- Chana masala: A vegan option that is as healthy as it is tasty. Chole is garbanzo beans (chickpeas) which is high in proteins and minerals. Enjoy it with naan or pulao.
Indique Indian Restaurant: Visit for the best Indian food in Kilkenny
The Indian culture is known to be amongst the oldest in the world. It may be the reason why the Indian people, over the centuries, have developed a cuisine which is also one of the best in the world. If you have never been to an Indian restaurant before, you are missing out. Come, dine at an authentic Indian restaurant in Kilkenny and explore the culinary gems of India.
Skeptical still? Walk in at Indique Indian Restaurant in Kilkenny and allow us to blow your mind.